Car accidents are one of the most common causes of personal injury. Even though many auto accidents are minor fender-benders, they nonetheless result in a shocking number of severe injuries and deaths. In addition to disability, victims often experience substantial pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages, medical expenses and property damage. Sadly, many car accident victims never receive the full amount of damages to which they are entitled. Very often, car accident victims, unaware of the full value of their claims, accept the first offer from their insurance company.
The insurance company wants to settle your case as soon as possible – and for as little money as possible. After an accident, you need time to determine just how serious your injury is, what medical treatment or physical therapy you need, and how much your lost wages will be. Therefore, it is crucial to retain a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible to achieve maximum compensation. Never talk to the insurance company prior to obtaining legal representation.
Our lawyers can help you:
- Establish liability by preserving evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Ensure you receive the proper medical care as you recover from your injuries
- Help you understand the law, including statutes of limitations
- Collect the necessary medical records and help you document your injuries properly so that you receive full compensation
- Ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are rightfully entitled
- Negotiate a settlement that takes into account all future medical and financial needs.
In cases of malicious intent - such as situations where a company knowingly markets products it knows are defective and such defects cause injuries, victims may be entitled to punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. Our personal injury attorneys can help determine which damages you are eligible for and can help you build an effective case.
We handle car accidents on a regular basis, but we understand this is not an everyday experience for you. We will guide you through every step in the process. Our car accident attorneys and professional staff will get to know you and your situation well, because the better we know you, the better we can represent you.