Joe is an associate attorney who began with Law Office of Karen A. Fisher as an intern in May, 2012. He graduated from Western New England University School of Law in May, 2016. While in law school, he externed with the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office where he assisted the Government Bureau in defending the Commonwealth against various types of civil lawsuits. Additionally, he interned with two associate justices of the Springfield Superior Court and was a student-attorney at Community Legal Aid defending low-income and elderly tenants facing eviction. As an undergraduate student at Southern Connecticut State University he majored in History, ran Cross Country and Track & Field, and was named Captain for each his senior year.
Having grown up in Seymour, Oxford, and Shelton, Joe is thrilled to assist Valley residents with their legal problems. That’s why he strives to make every transaction efficient, argues every court case with vigor, and drafts every document meticulously.
Joe’s practice areas include: estate planning, residential real estate transactions, probate administration, and civil litigation.
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Southern Connecticut State University, B.A., 2012
Activities and Achievements:
- Henry T. Downey Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Western New England Law Review, 2016
- National Order of Scribes for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Production Editor, Western New England Law Review, 2015-16
- Junior Staff, Western New England Law Review, 2014-15
- CALI Award for Excellence in Contracts, 2014
Joseph T. Poulsen, Connecticut and Massachusetts: Inadvertently Inviting Suppression of Dissident Political Expression, 38 W. New Eng. L. Rev. (2016), http://digitalcommons.law.wne.edu/lawreview/vol38/iss1/3/
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, Waterbury Bar Association
- Member, Milford Bar Association